1. Map out your route ahead of time. – Keep a printed map with the sales to help find each.
2. Take Supplies: Sunglasses, Suntan Lotion, Small Bills, A bag to carry things in, and wet wipes.
3. Remember you can haggle over the price. Make an offer
4. Choose your sales based on neighborhood. (ex… If you are looking for baby clothes, don’t shop in a retirement community)
5. For a Fill a Bag Sale, you can roll up clothes to fit more.
6. If something is in a box, make sure the item matches the box. (ex. buying a new computer router, the owner may have put the old router in the new box and set out the old to sell)
7. If buying a battery operated item, open the battery compartment (to make sure there are no corroded batteries still inside)
8. If shopping with your kids, let them pay for their own purchases (they are more likely to get a better deal)
9. Make sure and check recalls, especially for baby items.
10. If you want something but can’t agree on a price, give the seller your name and number in case it doesn’t sell and they decide to reduce the price.